Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Heart Utah


It has been over two years since I last made a visit to Salt Lake. Never did I think that it would impact me the way that it did. We have lived in so many places and moved so many times that after a while they all just start to blur together and you just seem to love something about them all. You have to or you risk total insanity.

As our plane began to land in Salt Lake the same words I always hear when I enter the valley kept echoing in my head. Welcome home, welcome home! Utah, especially Salt Lake, will always be home to me. I am so glad that we had the chance to spend the week there. Thank you to all of our family and friends that made our week so much fun. I couldn't keep going without you all! I couldn't help but almost feel teary eyed as the mountains receded in the distance and we left Salt lake behind. We will be back though. Hopefully sooner than two years this time. Next time we will come in the winter so we can "enjoy" Utah and it's crazy cold weather. Maybe I will change my mind then and decide to stay in Phoenix. Doubt it because deep down no matter what...I heart Utah!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

It was great seeing you and Eleanore. We missed the rest of the family and can't wait to see you all this winter. :)